Email sequences have long been a popular and effective way for recruiters to reach candidates. However, getting emails delivered to a recipient’s inbox can be a significant challenge, especially given the high volume of emails that people receive each day.
In recent years, artificial intelligence has emerged as a powerful tool for boosting email deliverability. By leveraging AI, recruiters can improve the accuracy of their email targeting, reduce bounce rates, optimize their email content, and avoid spam filters. In this blog post, we will explore how AI can boost email deliverability and provide some tips for using AI to improve your email sequences.
What is email deliverability?
Email deliverability is the ability of an email to reach the recipient’s inbox successfully. It’s essential because if recruiter’s emails end up in a candidate’s spam folder or are never delivered, the recruiter cannot communicate effectively with potential candidates, and the chance of successfully placing the right candidate goes down. AI can help internal recruiters and recruiting firms improve their email deliverability and increase their chances of converting potential candidates.
Common reasons for low email deliverability
There could be several reasons why recruiter messages to potential candidates are marked as spam. Here are some common reasons:
- Unsolicited messages Candidates may mark recruiter messages as spam if they did not ask to be contacted or did not express interest in the job. Unsolicited messages can feel intrusive and unwanted, leading to a negative response.
- Vague or irrelevant messages If the message is too vague or does not seem relevant to the candidate’s skills or experience, they may assume it is spam and ignore it or mark it as spam.
- Poorly written messages Messages that contain grammatical errors, typos, or unclear language can come across as unprofessional and spammy.
- Overuse of buzzwords Overusing buzzwords or generic phrases can make messages appear spammy and insincere.
- Mass messages When recruiters send the same message to multiple candidates without personalizing it, the message can be perceived as spammy and insincere.
- Deceptive subject lines If the subject line of the message is misleading or deceptive, candidates may mark it as spam.
To avoid being marked as spam, recruiters should ensure their messages are relevant, personalized, and professional. They should also be transparent about their intentions and avoid deceptive subject lines. AI can help with this.
How does AI increase email deliverability?
AI can use advanced algorithms to analyze vast amounts of data and extract insights that humans may not be able to identify. This analysis allows AI to personalize emails for candidates in ways that may not be feasible for humans to do manually. Some specific examples of what AI can do with personalizing emails for candidates that humans may not be able to do are:
- Analyzing Candidate Behavior Across Multiple Channels AI can analyze a candidate’s behavior across multiple channels, such as email, social media, and online searches, to create a complete picture of their interests, preferences, and needs. This analysis can enable AI to create highly targeted and personalized email content that resonates with the candidate.
- Creating Dynamic Email Content AI can use data analysis to create dynamic email content that changes based on the recipient’s behavior. For instance, if a candidate clicks on a specific link in an email, AI can automatically update the email content to show related content that may be of interest to the candidate.
- Adapting to Changing Candidate Behavior AI can monitor candidate behavior and adapt email content based on how the candidate interacts with previous emails. For example, if a candidate has not responded to previous emails, AI can adjust the content to try a different approach that may be more effective in engaging the candidate.
- Predicting Candidate Behavior AI can use predictive analytics to anticipate a candidate’s behavior and create personalized email content based on these predictions. For example, AI can predict the likelihood of a candidate responding to an email based on their previous behavior and create content that is most likely to elicit a response.
Overall, AI can personalize emails for candidates in ways that humans cannot, by analyzing large amounts of data, creating dynamic email content, adapting to changing behavior, and predicting future behavior. This advanced level of personalization can help recruiting firms increase their email deliverability and conversion rates, leading to more successful placements and satisfied clients.
Tips for boosting recruiting email deliverability with AI
Here are some ways recruiting firms can experiment with improving their email deliverability:
1. Use AI-powered Email Subject Lines
The subject line is the first thing that potential candidates see when they receive an email from a recruiting firm. It’s crucial to create an attention-grabbing subject line to encourage recipients to open the email. AI-powered subject lines can help recruiting firms create personalized and compelling email subject lines that can help improve email open rates. AI algorithms can analyze candidate behavior to determine what types of subject lines are most effective, and the recruiting firm can then use this information to create subject lines that resonate with potential candidates.
2. Personalize Email Content
Personalizing email content can significantly improve email deliverability rates. Personalization can help create a sense of trust and familiarity between the candidate and the recruiting firm. AI can help recruiting firms personalize email content by analyzing candidate data and behavior to create targeted content that resonates with potential candidates. For instance, AI can analyze a candidate’s social media activity, job history, and education to help create personalized email content that encourages them to engage with the recruiting firm.
3. Optimize Email Content
AI can also help recruiting firms optimize email content to improve email deliverability rates. Email content that is too long or lacks clarity can cause recipients to lose interest quickly. AI algorithms can analyze email content to identify issues that may prevent the email from being delivered or read. The recruiting firm can then make necessary adjustments to the email content to improve its effectiveness.
4. Time Email Delivery
The time of day and day of the week can significantly impact email deliverability rates. AI can analyze candidate data to determine the best time and day to send emails to potential candidates. Recruiting firms can then use this information to schedule email delivery times to increase the likelihood of email delivery and response.
5. A/B Testing
A/B testing can help recruiting firms determine the most effective email content, subject lines, and delivery times. AI algorithms can help analyze the results of A/B testing and provide insights into what types of content, subject lines, and delivery times are most effective. Recruiting firms can then use this information to improve their email campaigns and increase email deliverability rates.
In conclusion, email is an essential tool for recruiting firms to reach potential candidates. However, email deliverability can be a significant challenge. AI can help recruiting firms improve their email deliverability rates by creating personalized and targeted email content, optimizing email content, and analyzing data to determine the best time and day to send emails. With the help of AI-powered email campaigns, recruiting firms can improve their chances of successfully placing the right candidate and helping businesses find the talent they need. If you’re looking for an AI-powered solution to help 10x your productivity, be sure to check out Betterleap.